Sunday, February 5th, 2017 (8 Spaces) – SOLD OUT
Sunday, February 26th, 2017 (8 Spaces) – SOLD OUT
Sunday, March 12th, 2017 (8 Spaces) – SOLD OUT
Sunday, April 2nd, 2017 (8 Spaces) – SOLD OUT
More workshops will be opened up in February.
Couples Pricing: $275+HST per couple (only one sourdough kit per couple)
Learn the ancient craft of sourdough bread making in this intimate hands-on workshop led by Elora Bread’s head baker Calantha Elsby. You’ll learn every aspect of sourdough bread making, from maintaining a starter culture to proper scoring techniques and recipe development. You’ll learn how to make Elora Bread’s quintessential sourdough loaf (The County) and leave armed with the knowledge to develop your own recipes using different flours. Mid-course snacks will be provided by the kitchen at the Elora Brewing Co.
This workshop is for someone with a basic knowledge of bread making. While you do not need to have intensive experience, the workshop will deliver a large amount of information in a short period of time with lots of hands-on activity.
– Maintaining a starter culture
– The baker’s percentage and recipe development
– Using different flours and how they’ll affect your starter and your dough
– Rolling and shaping
– Baking techniques
– Two loaves of County sourdough bread
– High quality Cambro starter container with healthy sourdough culture
– High quality Cambro dough proofing container
– Dough scraper
– Bench scraper
– Mid-course cheese and charcuterie provided by the Elora Brewing Co.
– Solid sourdough bread making foundations
– Additional: Rattan proofing basket ($30)
Sign up here to hold your spot in a workshop for 10 days. 50% deposit is required to permanently secure your spot. Please visit or contact Elora Bread to make your payment 519-846-8282 / email@example.com / 73 Metcalfe Street, Elora, ON.