Elora Bread is seeking a part-time Bakery Production Assistant to join our team. We specialize in making handcrafted sourdough bread and other baked goods and we’re looking for someone who is meticulous and dedicated to producing high quality products.
The position has the possibility of being full-time should the candidate show strength and interest in the position. May include early morning, day, and weekend shifts.
The ideal candidate will be required to:
- Follow post-mix bread production procedures, involving tasks such as folding bread, rolling bread, monitoring bread proofing, retarding bread
- Weigh out ingredients for the day’s bread or pastry production
- Feed the starter
- Make other pastries, pastry fillings
- Complete other prep tasks related to the bakery as necessary (chopping ingredients, etc.)
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- takes pride in their work and their workplace,
- enjoys a fast-paced work environment,
- has previous bakery or kitchen experience,
- strives to continuously improve their skills,
- can lift up to 25kg,
- can follow instructions without guidance,
- can work independently with little supervision and part of a team,
- is bright-eyed and bushy-tailed before dawn, and
- can think fast on their feet and troubleshoot problems.
Please contact Calantha with your resume and to arrange an interview at firstname.lastname@example.org.